[Gs-devel] TTF font loaders in Ghostscript.

L. Peter Deutsch ghost at aladdin.com
Sun Nov 25 06:17:56 PST 2001

> I'm going to fix it, but I suppose GS has a few TTF header already:
> gs_ttf.ps, gs_cff.ps, and something in MacOS support codes(?).
>
> It seems that TTF loaders in gs_ttf.ps & gs_cff.ps are written separately,
> although basic functionalities of them are quite similar. There was some
> reason to implement different TTF loader? If there's no special reason,
> writing several generic procedures (should be stored ProcSet?) for TTF
> will improve the simplicity.

gs_cff.ps does not load TTFs.  It has a very short procedure
(.loadottofontfile) that reads the TTF table directory, searches for the
"CFF " table, and then skips to that table and reads it.  I think sharing
code from the TTF loader in gs_ttf.ps would only shorten gs_cff.ps by about
10 lines, so I don't think it is worth it.

--

L. Peter Deutsch     |    Aladdin Enterprises   |  203 Santa Margarita Ave.
ghost at aladdin.com    |  http://www.aladdin.com  |  Menlo Park, CA 94025

	The future of software is at http://www.opensource.org