[gs-devel] Splitting Postscripfile

Russell Lang gsview at ghostgum.com.au
Mon Aug 19 05:47:20 PDT 2002

Jonny,

The normal Windows PostScript printer driver can write page
independent PostScript, but you have to change the printer
options to do this.  It is usually on accessed via an
"Advanced" button. The default is "Optimise for speed".  To
get page independence, choose "Optimise for Portability
(ADSC)" or something like that.
On Windows XP, open the printer Properties, then
General tab, Printing Preferences, Advanced, Document
Options, PostScript Options, PostScript Output Option,
Optimize for Portability.
I think it's been in a slightly different place with a
slightly different name for each release of Windows.

> I also tried using gs -sOutputFile=file%d ......
This did not work with pswrite or pdfwrite in older
versions.  I think the pswrite device now handles this, but
I'm not sure about pdfwrite (ps2pdf).

Russell

Subject:        	Re: [gs-devel] Splitting Postscripfile
To:             	gs-devel at ghostscript.com