[gs-devel] scale postscript file to fit a3 paper

Ray Johnston ray.johnston at artifex.com
Thu Nov 13 16:40:51 PST 2003

Sebastian,

PDF is a random access format. When Ghostscript creates PDF it may
do a little 'seeking' (random access) but most of this is handled
by creating several temporary files that can be read as needed in
a mostly sequential fashion. I doubt that Ghostscript can create
PDF output without (some) random access capability to the temp
files and the output file.

Regards,
Ray

--
Ray Johnston
Director of Engineering                          Tel: (714) 484-0376