[gs-devel] Regarding Converting EPS files to JPEG files

Phong Ky phong.ky at net-linx.com
Wed Nov 19 09:56:41 PST 2003

Hi,

I currently implemented the Ghostscript DLL into my composition engine,
however, the speed that I'm getting is not what I expected. My composition
engine composes hundreds of thousands of PostScript images from a database.
Then I use Ghostscript DLL to convert the PostScript to JPEG. However, the
time to convert is approximately 2 seconds, which is more than double than
my composition to PostScript. Does anyone know, if possible, to make the
PostScript to JPEG conversion more efficient. Could it be a parameter thing?
My parameters are below. Could it be that I need to build the DLL without
the DEBUG information?

-dBATCH
-dSAFER
-dNOPAGEPROMPT
-dNOPAUSE
-dQUIET
-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4
-dTextAlphaBits=4
-r100
-dJPEGQ=100
-dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=<calculate width of BoundingBox>
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=<calculate height of BoundingBox>
-sDEVICE=jpeg
-sOutputFile=<whatever>

Thanks.