[gs-devel] Freeze for 8.12

Raph Levien raph.levien at artifex.com
Fri Nov 21 11:34:02 PST 2003

Hi Ghostscript developers,

   We'd like to get an 8.12 release out soon, so I'm instituting a
code freeze. This means:

   * Please do not check in any fixes or new code that has a
significant risk of introducing new regressions, unless the fix is
for a "showstopper" bug.

   * The top priority should be to bang the regressions down to zero.
We haven't been at zero regressions for a while. It should be the norm,
not the exception, and is certainly required for a release.

   The only bug I'm currently counting as a showstopper is 687146,
but I'm openminded.

   Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Raph