[gs-devel] memory files

Adam Heinz AHeinz at exstream.com
Wed Oct 1 08:17:08 PDT 2003

I've just been asked by my boss to evaluate use of Ghostscript for a project that has the requirement of needing to be able to stay off disk; to use files in memory for both input and output.  My first instinct is that we could override stdin to line in files, but I suspect that would only work for pure text, no embedded binaries.  For output, maybe we could write our own "fake" driver that would receive the output and just keep it in memory.  Has anyone attempted this sort of behavior?

Adam Heinz
Development Consultant
Exstream Software