[gs-devel] Re: A CJK expertise wanted

Leonardo leonardo at artifex.com
Tue Feb 21 01:16:22 PST 2006

Oops, in the last paragraph of the last message I
erroneously interchanged hint2 and hint3.
Here is a right edition :

Unfortunately hint2 is not always preferable.
It looks worse when a Roman text is slightly rotated or sloped.

Now I've got another idea :
if the original stem (in the design space) is sloped,
then use the hint3 rule (enlarge the slope),
otherwise use the hint2 rule (minimize the slope).
Likely it should resolve the problem.

Leo.