[gs-devel] [RFC] revive runlibfileifexists function. xefitra

CHIKAMA Masaki masaki.chikama at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:36:52 PST 2007

Dear Leonardo, Suzuki san.

Thank you for comments and I'm sorry I didn't clarify my problem.

2007/11/22, mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp>:
> >I have trouble with ghostscript CJK support because of a lack of
> >'runlibfileifexists' function.
>
> I guess what you want is something like a configurable
> pluggable mechanism to insert and withdraw the PostScript
> part of Koji Otani's gs8-cjk patch, by putting or deleting
> the PostScript file.

Yes. But I didn't understand correctly this function.
I would use this function for only packaging ghostscript and its font
separately for Linux distributions.
For example, a package of ghostscript provides cidfmap which has

(cidfmap.GS) .runlibfile
% following lines are for CJK fonts.
(cidfmap.ja) .runlibfileifexists
(cidfmap.ko) .runlibfileifexists
(cidfmap.zh_CN) .runlibfileifexists
(cidfmap.zh_TW) .runlibfileifexists
% must be at the bottom of line to allow people overriding everything.
(cidfmap.local) .runlibfileifexists

and a package of Japanese font provides cidfmap.ja .
The people who needs Chinese/Japanese/Korean fonts installs
ghostscript and their font package respectively.

> If my guessing is right... in fact, I was asked for
> such mechanism (enabled by default) in face-to-face
> meeting with Artifex staff. But I could not make anybody
> agreed. It seems that Artifex people believe CJK bug
> will be recovered without Koji Otani's patch and such
> mechanism is not required.

Did they think it's a dangerous functionality ?
Is it a improper usage for my purpose ?

I'll also report to Bugzilla.

Thanks.
--