[gs-devel] [RFC] revive runlibfileifexists function. xefitra

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 22 01:18:09 PST 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:36:52 +0900
"CHIKAMA Masaki" <masaki.chikama at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes. But I didn't understand correctly this function.
>I would use this function for only packaging ghostscript and its font
>separately for Linux distributions.
>For example, a package of ghostscript provides cidfmap which has
>
>(cidfmap.GS) .runlibfile
>% following lines are for CJK fonts.
>(cidfmap.ja) .runlibfileifexists
>(cidfmap.ko) .runlibfileifexists
>(cidfmap.zh_CN) .runlibfileifexists
>(cidfmap.zh_TW) .runlibfileifexists
>% must be at the bottom of line to allow people overriding everything.
>(cidfmap.local) .runlibfileifexists
>
>and a package of Japanese font provides cidfmap.ja .
>The people who needs Chinese/Japanese/Korean fonts installs
>ghostscript and their font package respectively.

Hmm, I understand what you want consists from 2 features.

F1) refering other cidfmap files from a cidfmap
F2) ignore and proceed if refered cidfmap file is missing

The CIDFnmap implementation in original gs-cjk was designed
to provide F1 (so the case of missing reference was considered
by design), but I don't think cidfmap was designed so.
The refering of other cidfmap file is not designed but
occasionally possible at present, so fallbacking is not
designed.

I guess if the proposal of F1 is accepted, F2 will be accepted
either. I recommend you to propose F1 feature - but I'm not
sure if bugzilla is appropriate feature.

Regards,
mpsuzuki