[gs-devel] [RFC] revive runlibfileifexists function. xefitra

CHIKAMA Masaki masaki.chikama at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:51:23 PST 2007

2007/11/22, mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp>:
> Hmm, I understand what you want consists from 2 features.
>
> F1) refering other cidfmap files from a cidfmap
> F2) ignore and proceed if refered cidfmap file is missing

Thank you. I now understand what should have proposed at the first post.

> The CIDFnmap implementation in original gs-cjk was designed
> to provide F1 (so the case of missing reference was considered
> by design), but I don't think cidfmap was designed so.
> The refering of other cidfmap file is not designed but
> occasionally possible at present, so fallbacking is not
> designed.

I'm surprised to hear this. Then are lib/Fontmap and lib/FAPIcidfmap
also not designed to read other files from them?
The Fedora (one of Linux distribution, you know) uses this mechanism
since about 2.5 years ago on ghostscript 8.15.
Now Fedora8 switches to 8.60 which has no cjk support and
I have in trouble.
If it is not designed and there is no plan to design,
I have to think another way.

Thank you for your useful comment.
--
CHIKAMA Masaki