[gs-devel] Getting a JPX stream's colorspace

Ralph Giles ralph.giles at artifex.com
Wed Nov 28 17:30:43 PST 2007

Alex,

I'd like to get your opinion on how to resolve Bug 689058. That is, when
an image dict is missing the /ColorSpace key, the image colorspace
should be determined by looking in the JPXDecode filtered stream.

It is straightforward to ask the decoder library for this information
once it has the data, or indeed to just parse the file for the
colorspace ourselves, but I'm not sure the best point at which to do
this. The workaround I attached just does a /ColorSpace knownoget in
pdf_draw.ps and stubs in one. Is it reasonable to access the stream data
itself at that point? (A similar change would have to be made for
softmask images.) If not, where would you suggest?

I guess I should provide a .jpxgetcolorspace operator in analogy to
.jbig2makeglobalctx and let you implement the rest? Do I need to do
anything special to create paletted colorspaces on the stack?

 -r