[gs-devel] Adding font to ghostview problem

Chris Liddell chris.liddell at artifex.com
Thu Dec 9 10:11:55 UTC 2010

So, this is ghostscript and not ghostview - I almost ignored your
message because it's got ghostview in the subject line.

I strongly suspect the problem is that pdf2ps uses the (largely)
deprecated pswrite device, which has lots of problems, especially where
fonts are concerned. So you might want to use ps2ps2 instead (despite
the name, it will accept PDF input), which uses the ps2write device, and
is much more up to date - the caveat is that ps2write doesn't (yet) emit
DSC compliant Postscript (hence the "largely" above).

Chris