[gs-devel] TIFF LZW Compression

Ken Sharp ken.sharp at artifex.com
Tue Dec 14 16:37:12 UTC 2010

At 16:28 14/12/2010 +0000, Eric Burcham wrote:

The gs-devel mailing list is really intended for developers wanting advice
on the internals of Ghostscript, not for general usage questions.

The Ghostscript developers do hang around a number of places, and
specifically on the #ghostscript IRC channel on freenode, I'd recommend
asking questions there.

>I am interested in controlling the compression level of the tifflzw
>output.  When I use that particular filter, I get a nice small file, but
>any images look awful.

LZW is a lossless compression (unlike, for example, JPEG) so it should not
be the compression filter causing your problem. You haven't stated the
other parameters you are using so no further suggestions can be made.

             Ken