[gs-devel] very stupid problem

Marco Berardi marco.berardi at innovery.it
Tue Dec 21 14:19:57 UTC 2010

I'm not able to go over a very stupid problem: I'm calling
gsapi_init_with_args function (from gsdll32.dll) for creating a PDF file.
All goes OK except if  -sOutputFile param points to a system directory that
contains "spaces" (C:\program files). Of course in that case  -sOutputFile
param must be included in quotes (-sOutputFile="C:\\dir with
space\\test.pdf" ), but PDF file is not created! (I also tried to run the
same command with Gswin32c, and it goes.).

What do you think about it?

Thanks for you support,

Best regards

PS this is the list of command params

gsargv[0] = "gs";

gsargv[1] = "-dPDFX";

gsargv[2] = "-dBATCH";

gsargv[3] = "-dNOPAUSE";

gsargv[4] = "-dNOOUTERSAVE";

gsargv[5] = "-dUseCIEColor";

gsargv[6] = "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite";

gsargv[7] = ArgOutputFile; //contains -sOutputFile="C:\\dir with

gsargv[8] = "-c";

gsargv[9] = ".setpdfwrite";

gsargv[10] = "-f";

gsargv[11] = PsFile; //contains C:\\test.ps

 gsargv[12] = NULL;