[gs-devel] Thai Font Support

Ken Sharp ken.sharp at artifex.com
Sat Jan 23 11:20:26 UTC 2010

Tim Russell wrote:

 > Does Ghostscript (specifically the pdfwrite device) have support for
 > Thai fonts?  I'm looking to use Angsana New and AngsansUPC.  Is there a
 > font available to download and use?

Ghostscript, and the pdfwrite device do, not support specific languages but
they do support font formats. If you have a Thai font which can be included
in a PDF, PostScript, PCL or XPS file then you can use that font in your
input file.

Basically that means Types 1, 2 (CFF), 3, 42 (PostScript with TrueType
outlines), CIDFonts with any of the preceding outline types, Multiple
Master or TrueType fonts.

We don't supply fonts beyond the original 'base 35' Latin font faces always
supplied with PostScript interpreters.

						Ken