[gs-devel] clipping parameters w/ device pdfwrite

Ken Sharp ken.sharp at artifex.com
Sat Apr 9 08:20:59 UTC 2011

At 18:20 08/04/2011 -0400, andrealphus wrote:

>I have a question regarding (what I believe to be) a clipping
>parameter for transparent ps overlays. I am converting a ps to pdf and
>have multiple appended ps files of shiptrack multibeam data. (Making a
>map). The regions in the ps layer that contain no data are set as
>transparent.

If you are using PostScript, this cannot be the case, there is no
transparency in PostScript, the closest there is, is overprinting.

>Any suggestions on what parameters I can change in gs to get
>comparable Adobe output.

None I'm afraid, we would need to see a (simple !) example before we could
comment.

>I'm including the gs script I run, and the Adobe job.options file.
>
>I'm sorry if this is going around to the wrong maillist but I am my wits
>end....

This list is for those developing Ghostacript and developing with
Ghostscript, not for usage questions. There is a Ghostscript forum on
stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ghostscript

If you are convinced there is a bug you can open a bug report on Bugzilla:

http://bugs.ghostscript.com