[gs-devel] Ghostscript - Problem rendering image blank line

Ken Sharp ken.sharp at artifex.com
Wed Apr 20 12:10:52 UTC 2011

This mailing list is really intended for those developing Ghostscript, or
developing applications using Ghostscript.

Currently we do not have our own forum for usage discussions, but the
development team can be reached on the #ghostscript channel on IRC at
freenode.net, we also monitor the ghostscript and postscript tags on stack
overflow.

At 04:38 20/04/2011 -0700, isigui wrote:

>There is no errors really, only warning about fonts but in some of the jpg
>created, the images are not rendered correctly, they are plitted by a blank
>line.
>I posted an example below.

The image is not a single image, it is a number of horizontal images,
stripes which have been scaled and positioned so that they butt precisely
together. This kind of scaling only works reliably at a particular
resolution and integer multiples of that resolution, it does not work
reliably if the resolution is different.

You could try interpolating the images, providing they are not clipped this
might give acceptable results. Use the -dDOINTERPOLATE flag. You could also
try anti-aliasing (-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4).

Failing that you need to render to a higher resolution bitmap and scale
down with interpolation using an image application (eg ImageMagick). At
some point in the near future I expect a Ghostscript device capable of
doing this and producing TIFF files to be completed.

         Ken