[gs-devel] downsampling to a specific resolution

Gamboz Matteo gamboz at medialab.sissa.it
Wed Sep 7 11:18:41 UTC 2011

Hi all,
   I have this problem: I need to downsample images in a pdf file to a
resolution in the range 150-220.
Even if there is no bug in ghostscript, I cannot get down to my range
images with resolutions between 221-299dpi.

Basically I tried with
gs -o out.pdf -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dDownsampleColorImages \
-dColorImageResolution=150 x.pdf
and played a bit with the resolution, ColorImageDownsampleThreshold and
ColorImageDownsampleType but without any luck
(attaching "x.pdf" with an image with resolution of 250dpi).

Does anyone know any trick I could use here?
Thanks