[gs-devel] PDF resize problem with OS X Lion PDFs

DEÁK JAHN, Gábor djg at tramontana.co.hu
Tue Sep 27 21:18:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

something very strange happened and as far as I could determine, it only happens with PDFs created by the built-in Quartz engine of Mac OS X 10.7.x. If I try to copy the PDF to a new one, providing something as simple as three command line switches to change the page size:

gswin32c.exe -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=out.pdf -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=800 -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=1250 -dFIXEDMEDIA in.pdf

the resulting PDF will not change to the size specified. Tried with GS versions 8.64 and 9.02, both 32 and 64 bit. All other PDFs, including those from OS X 10.6.x behave as expected.

I still try to track down what might be the actual difference in 10.7.x PDFs but some of you might already have bumped into this and could save me some elbow grease... :-)

Bye,
   Gábor

Gábor DEÁK JAHN -- Budapest, Hungary
E-mail: djg at tramontana.co.hu