[gs-devel] ghostcript and gsview with sticky notes

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 9 18:27:18 UTC 2012

Chris,

Hello. Yours was the first reply, and thank you for that. The problem is
easy enough to reproduce with any Adobe Reader capable of making the yellow
sticky notes, using Adobe Reader X for example, which is free and
downloadable; but I would gladly provide an example as an attachment for one
of the developers to see, if that is easier. Whenever such a document is
opened, when you mouse over the yellow sticky, a pop-up appears with the
note's text showing in it.

The little window is expandable so that more of the text can be seen. The
text in these little pop-up windows is also editable. Based on what you
stated about the capabilities of Ghostscript and GSView, I would not expect
the same editability, but I would like to be able to see the whole note when
moused over. Alternatively, on my wish list I would include a feature that
allows me to read such notes off to the side, in one document perhaps.

John