[gs-devel] Ghostscript 8.70 PDF Italic Fonts

tlg aperdaens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:33:47 UTC 2011

Hi Levi,

We run into the same problem for years, and we finally took some time to
explore it. Our fix is actually quite simple. We just had to add this at the
end of our Fontmap :

(Times New Roman)                             /TimesNewRomanPSMT
;
(Times New Roman Bold)                      /TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT
;
(Times New Roman,Italic)                     /TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT
;
(Times New Roman,BoldItalic)               /TimesNewRomanPS-BoldItalicMT   ;

This is quite annoying as Office 2007 defaults to this font and output those
fonts in the pdf.

Cheers,
A.